What's new

CAD Models - free & plentiful

bobster

http://machinedesign.partcommunity.com

The link takes you to Machine Designs Parts Community.

Register for a free account and gain access to many, many CAD models.

Models are delivered via email, or downloaded or if Solid Works or NX, directly into your CAD model.

Many formats are available, sadly Alibre isn't among them, but step14a & step14b are so we are good to go.

Nice

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
I like their layout a lot, but the "previous/back/back a level" buttons seem unreliable, so navigation is clunky when “just browsing”.

The optional 3D (360 degree) viewing has a nice wow factor, but I do not have the glasses.

Anyone know a free or cheap software like theirs that would work with an Alibre file/assembly (to monitor or print).

Attachments

• Capture 3D image.JPG
    Capture 3D image.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 81

Mibe

Alibre Super User
3D glasses is cool and kind of retro, perhaps something for Alibre to consider - just to stand out in the crowd :)

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Works well with a standard monitor.
http://www.iz3d.com/
-> Go to -> Get Software -> Step 1: Select your device or output: Choose-> Anaglyph DirectX Driver -> Download -> Install :)

Attachments

• Analy-1.jpg
    Analy-1.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 64

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
Wild and free - now to wait for glasses :(

In the small Alibre view I missed your red arrow reference to the "Perspective projection" icon at first, but the toggle between Ortho and Perspective is good.

When I have glasses I will see how the 3D PDF output actually is (it retains the general appearance, but I doubt if rotation maintains 3D of course).

Anyway :lol: Thanks!

Ralf

Alibre Super User
RCH_Projects said:
Wild and free - now to wait for glasses :(

In the small Alibre view I missed your red arrow reference to the "Perspective projection" icon at first, but the toggle between Ortho and Perspective is good.
One click with your left mouse button -> Big View.
The Anaglyph DirectX Driver works ONLY with -> Perspective Projection
RCH_Projects said:
When I have glasses I will see how the 3D PDF output actually is (it retains the general appearance, but I doubt if rotation maintains 3D of course)....
Who's talking about 3D PDF output?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
For a while nVidia offered 3D vision drivers for many of their video cards - they don't seem to make such a fuss about it now. I never tried it, but I think you could use polarizing glasses (with fancy screen) or simple coloured glasses...

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
My last OT post about 3D on this.

The 3D glasses work.

In Alibre (I) could not print the 3D image, but an image capture worked fine for printing.

The background is gray despite settings I could find.

Looking at youtube videos - Reverse Parallax would make a presentation "Pop".

It would be interesting to try the
ralf3 said:
( 120Hz monitor, "specialized 3D glasses" and a suitable graphics card...).

Best result was, after the 3D glasses, just looking out at the trees was enhanced and the mountain ridgelines "Pop" like never before - very satisfying.