What's new

Cam and follower in Motion.

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
Hi!

For those of you who have seen this toipc for a cam and follower in the Xpress forum--

For fun, I tried to put the assembly I had made into Motion. You can get the assembly here.

Now for my question/problem. I can set to cam to rotate, but the lever arm doesn't follow. My thought is that Motion is looking at only the assembly constraints and not the sketch constraints used to make the lever arm tangent to the cam. Can anyone verify this, or tell me what I missed?

Regards,

Jordan

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Unfortunately mine only works if you manually edit the sketch of the cam and rotate it little. The axis is nice for constraining the follower to though.

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
I am wondering why you are wondering at....
It looks working fine... :?:

I don't know the mechanics though....

Attachments

• CamMovie.zip
    781.2 KB · Views: 304

JordanCClark

Alibre Super User
Like I said, Nate, what we have is really, really close to be able to use in Motion.

Toshi, the assembly works okay when you manually move the cam. It's putting it into Alibre motion that the problem occurs.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
You can use Precise Placement to set it in motion. Use the following settings and hold down the Enter key 8)

Seems to prefer tracking the inside face of the cam, though :lol:

Attachments

• Cam animation.jpg
    Cam animation.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 318

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
This would be the perfect application for something I was thinking of. I don't have the knowledge yet but its similar to Alex's Parameter Wizard. In the small program you would pick a dimension (in this case an angle in the sketch) and update it as fast as possible. So by adding a few degrees at a time, it would rotate. Screenshots could be automated as well.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Nice I could try to autohotkey that. But like I said unfortunately mine needs the sketch moved, the other example doesn't but does slip inside the part at times. I do see a use for a dimension updating program that could slide from one value to the another value and back. I'll look into both sometime.