What's new

Can a data file (CSV) be used to generate sketches in Alibre

I tried searching the forum archives for answers related to my question, but for some reason, the searches always end with a blank white screen, so hopefully, my first query to this forum won't tread on a well-worn path.

Basically, I would like to create a 2D sketch from about 100 X,Y pairs that I generate from a sixth-order polynomial equation. I understand that CSV files can be used to specify paths for lofts ans sweeps, but don't see any easy way to generate sketches from the same type of data file. Are such operations possible within Alibre or if not, has anyone found a decent workaround?

Thanks much in advance,

Scott

Re:

MilesH said:
Hi Scott,

The Point Import only works for 3D Sketches...

There is an add-on which imports point data to 2D Sketches here:
http://www.codecreations.com/site/alibr ... -api-tools

Also for generating Splines :)

Thanks Miles:

Unfortunately, after following the link to Alex Franke's site, the download page for the point importer utility appears to be broken (page not found). Hopefuly this will prove to be a transient problem, as the utility appears to do eaxctly what I need to solve my current problem.

Scott

alexfranke

Whoops! :oops: Just switched to a new site and it looks like I have some broken links! I'm fixing them right now. Give me a few minutes and try agian.

-Alex

alexfranke

Okay guys -- it should work now. Sorry about that!

astroverted, please note that the screenshots in the tutorial are from an older version of the application. The user interface has changed a bit to be more consistent with my other applications.

Let me know if you have any questions or difficulties using the software!

Cheers,
Alex