What's new

Can a part be made solid in assembly??

icimasa

Hi,

I have an assembly (box) with two parts, one base and a lid, the lid is connected at one end to the base so you can move the lid up and down to close or open the box. My question is can you make the base solid so when you close the lid it does not fall through the base but stops at the top face of the base?

I hope my explanation is not too fuzzy.. :)

regards
Martin

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
icimasa said:
My question is can you make the base solid so when you close the lid it does not fall through the base but stops at the top face of the base?

Technically you can't make it solid in Alibre. But there are ways that you can make it look that way. See my example.

Attachments

• BOX.stp
    261.3 KB · Views: 218

icimasa

NateLiqGrav said:
icimasa said:
My question is can you make the base solid so when you close the lid it does not fall through the base but stops at the top face of the base?

Technically you can't make it solid in Alibre. But there are ways that you can make it look that way. See my example.

Hi Nate,

thx alot for the reply, that is exactly what I was looking for that when you move the lid up and down, you cannot go beyond the box bottom, but can you give me a hint what I should be using or doing to make that happen? Could not figure it out :(, don't know what to look for!

regards
Martin

icimasa

Thx Nate,

That was a super description, now I know exactly what to do, peace of cake.. :)

I've got to remember this one..

cy around m8

regards
Martin

indesign

Alibre Super User
It would be very nice to have this one shown in the tip and tricks thread as Toshi said. It is a very simple way to show how to use the tools we have to do more with our software.