What's new

Can I change the color of one face on a part?

scotte

Hello,
I want to change the color of one face of a part. I know I can create an assembly and insert a new part with a color but I'm hoping to make this quite simple.
Cheers,
Scott E

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Not directly - Alibre doesn't offer colour by face, only by feature. (Imported items will retain face colours).

You may be able to get what you need by adding a thin 'veneer' as a new feature covering the face in question, then set feature colour as desired.

Another option would be change the face colour in an external application (e.g. MoI3D).

Mika

Hi. Is this option already available on newest versions of Alibre? I would like to set tolerance machined faces to steel-gray and other faces of part on my machine color.

M00m137

This would be a useful feature - I have a coatings supplier asking me for a colour coded model of which faces I require coating. Will have to revert back to the old CAD system to do it - grrr.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
This would be a useful feature - I have a coatings supplier asking me for a colour coded model of which faces I require coating. Will have to revert back to the old CAD system to do it - grrr.
As @Mika said in the post before yours ... it is available in the latest Alibre Design!

Read the help, not a 10 year old post! ...

https://help.alibre.com/articles/#!alibre-help-v23/working-with-parts-assemblies-part-colors-coloring-individual-faces/q/face%20color/qid/2300/qp/1