What's new

Can I project a new view from an existing view in the drawing?

Jim T.

I'm new to AD, running the latest version 24.
I totally screwed up when I designed my first assembly and have as the front view what I would call the right side view.
I enter the "standard views" section of the drawing and it defaults to the right side view as the front view.
My front is actually the left side in Alibre mindset so now I'm having trouble adding a top view to what is Alibre's left side view.
Is there a way to add a projection to the current view in the drawing in order to get a top view??
I'll be way more careful on future assemblies to not make this mistake again!

Thanks,
Jim

Jim T.

Thanks David, its been hell trying to learn AD on the fly with deadlines approaching!
New job, New CAD, don't have the time to learn it like I should.

Your help his greatly appreciated!

Jim

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Thanks David, its been hell trying to learn AD on the fly with deadlines approaching!
New job, New CAD, don't have the time to learn it like I should.

Your help his greatly appreciated!

Jim
Hi Jim,

Please take the time you need.
It is more fun for us to help someone who is trying to learn or gain experience.

Jim T.

Good morning DavidJ:
I followed your reply above (#2).
When I right click the blue icon view, which represents the front view, I don't get the "other standard views" option. I get the list of other things, but the "other standard views" is not in the list. I am in a drawing with a large assembly, only one view, the front view. I read the link you attached on how to add additional views, but now i'm stuck!

Help please!!

Jim

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Jim,

It should work - you can even right click direct on the Front/Primary view on the sheet.

Another way to do it is to go to Sheets & Views tab of ribbon, click on 'Standard', you'll be offered the last selected design - you can choose views to project.

Are you certain it's the Primary view that you are right clicking on? If it still doesn't work maybe send a package file created from the drawing to Support.

Jim T.

You are correct!
I brought a new front and top view into the drawing, right clicked on the front view and the option was available to add more standard views.
I think what I did, before I really understood how the standard views pop up works was I added two views, front and right side.
The right side was what I wanted to be my front, so I deleted the front and moved my right side into the drawing. Now I didn’t have a front and the rest is history.
But now I understand that the front view needs to be assigned at the standard views orientation before a view is ever placed in the drawing. Tricky!
Anyway, it was my mistake and I appreciate your steering me in the right direction.
BTW, I can’t get the font to change in the note tool for drawings, I must be missing something simple?

Thanks,
Jim

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
BTW, I can’t get the font to change in the note tool for drawings, I must be missing something simple?
If you are editing an existing note then you need to select (highlight) the text in the Note Editor dialog before making any changes to font, color, size, etc. If you make those changes before selecting or highlighting the text then the changes will only effect new text notes. Unfortunately the Help section on Notes doesn't go into any depth on some of the note editing.

Jim T.

Thanks, I did read the help section and noticed what you said. I’ll try highlighting first.
Thanks!