What's new

Can I push one part with another in asm mode?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
That's clever - how do you get to read December newsletter before it's visble here? Or do I have a browser caching problem that is stopping me see the newsletter this tip belongs to...

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I think the e-mails are usually spread over a few days - which explains why I haven't got mine yet. The tip appears to be part of the December newsletter, but when I look at the Alibre web site the November newsletter version still shows up.

Not really a problem, but a bit odd.

[EDIT - just worked it out, Alibre haven't updated the link from the company news page - it still points to the previous newsletter. I was able to find the December newsletter by editing the URL].

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Miles, I get them occasionally - by no means every month. When they do turn up it is usually several days after the newsletter has been on the web site.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
I gave up trying ages ago...... Anyway, it's good to see that stuff we post here make its way into it :)

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
The roller follows the cam face only when precise placement is used, isn't it?

Attachments

• Cam.gif
    Cam.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 194

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
wathavy4 said:
The roller follows the cam face only when precise placement is used, isn't it?

Toshi,
The roller follows the cam face because the defining sketch of the roller is Tangentially constrained to a projected edge of the cam. The roller is also created as a new part in the assembly.

H.
v12.0

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Harold, I wonder if the assembly could be moved the same way as they did while the part is manually moved.
But it doesn't, right?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Toshi,
I had to go back and reread the tip. I just tried it and the roller will not follow the cam when continuously rotated manually. However, if you make small changes to the cam rotation the roller will follow. By using the Precise Placement Tool as suggested and holding the Return key down you esentially are making small rotational changes which are instantly updated.

Ideally, you could apply a tangent between the cam and roller in the assembly and have the roller follow while manually rotating the cam. Just as you asked.

H.
v12.0