What's new

Can't Install v2019 - Resolved

swertel

Alibre Super User
The first error.
upload_2019-7-22_17-53-43.png

This error exists because the folder already exists. If I manually delete that folder, installation will progress to the next error.

upload_2019-7-22_17-54-4.png

I canceled the installation. To my surprise, the rollback was not successful. The previous version of Alibre was removed, so I couldn't run an update.

I downloaded the install file from www.alibre.com/downloads and made sure I ran that executable as an administrator (although my user already is an admin account on the computer).

Repeat first error.
Repeat second error.
Cancel.
Make post in Alibre forums to try to figure out how to install AD.

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-22_17-52-6.png
    upload_2019-7-22_17-52-6.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 13
  • upload_2019-7-22_17-53-35.png
    upload_2019-7-22_17-53-35.png
    726.3 KB · Views: 15

DesignTime

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Scott,

We are troubleshooting the issue you are encountering. It appears this issue is only occurring if you have moved your Documents folder from its default C:\Drive location to another drive. My developers have asked that you create a verbose log file and send it our way. Instructions on how to do so are listed below.

1. Copy the installer executable (AlibreDesign2019_setup_x64_20.0.0.20047.exe) to some folder. For example, c:\users\<username>\Downloads

2. Open a Command Prompt. This can be done by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and typing in “cmd” (without the quotation marks) and pressing Enter.

upload_2019-7-23_12-14-37.png

3. In the Command Prompt window, cd to the folder containing the installer executable (step 1 above).

Example, cd c:\users\<username>\Downloads

upload_2019-7-23_12-14-46.png

4. Issue the following command line:

AlibreDesign2019_setup_x64_20.0.0.20047.exe /L*V "AlibreInstall.log"

Then hit Enter.

upload_2019-7-23_12-14-57.png

5. The Alibre Design Install Wizard will then open. Progress through the installation until it is completed, or an error is encountered.

The verbose log file AlibreInstall.log will be created in the current folder. Please email support@alibre.com with subject the line "Alibre Script Install" and your verbose log attached.

Regards,

Brian

DesignTime

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Scott,

We have been able to recreate and resolve the issue. I emailed you the steps to follow to do so, but will include them here as well for completeness.

The Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory (Alibre Script Library install issue)
Alibre Design may have difficulty installing if you have remapped your Documents folder to a non-default drive, but have not given yourself Full Control permissions to the new folder location. If this is the case, then you may encounter the below error message while attempting the install.

Ke8-sgmP-1XwKsSY3ClXa-tqY2Id9dE4HA.png

This issue can be resolved if "Full Control" is given to the "Administrators" group on the Documents folder.

To do so, go to the Documents folder, right-click on the folder and select Properties, then click on the Security tab.

Next, select the "Administrators" group from the "Group or user names" list, and click Edit.

zukW1L3EOASRGSLyluJVlT6EovEIVz9CBQ.png

Then, select the "Allow Full Control" option, and click Apply.

wmgZaV5DD1wbz4_nABHL74humZKKFcvxhw.png

The Alibre Design 2019 installation should now work on a system where the Documents folder has been mapped to a non-default drive.

swertel

Alibre Super User
In my case, the Administrators group wasn't even listed, so I had to add them.

But the Readme File that gets opened after install is only a 1-page PDF cover.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah - that 1 page PDF has a link to the release notes page of the web site. Doing it that way reduces the amount of stuff that needs to be updated for each new build.