What's new

Can't open a drawing file. 'Filenotfound' exception

Good morning all,
As the header says, tried and failed with an error as in the picture below. It's a pain as it took a while to create but anyone know why I would get this error?
Thanks,

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 104

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Wattie, don't you want to upload both your part and the drawing if it's allowed to?
And provided that it is possible, be aware that you need to export assembly as Alibre.step to make them complete.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Did you try to open it from the recent files menu? Perhaps after the file had been renamed or moved n Windows File System (WFS)?

Toshi, I can't open the file to export it and the design of the assembly is new so I can't upload it. I really just wanted to know if anyone had seen or experienced the problem as I have a few assembly drawings to create and don't want it to happen again.

Nate, I haven't moved or renamed it. the file is there, it just won't open. Have to admit I didn't try opening it from the recent files menu.

I have now re-created the drawing, which had lots of typing on it which is the main reason I'm so irked :)

By the way, how does Alibre handle the recovery files? Is it like Acad and has whole files which I could try opening, or is it incremental?

Thanks