What's new

Can't run Alibre Atom

jcdammeyer

I thought I'd take a look at Alibre Atom. Maybe I'd be able to get along with something other than Alibre Expert which I've not upgraded due to the ugly V26 user interface. Perhaps Alibre Atom has improved the user interface.
However there's no way to try the 30 day evaluation. When I run it I'm told my maintenance for Expert has expired so basically go f myself. It won't run.
Is there a solution. I'm not willing to let go of my Alibre 25 which still works for the most part with MecSoft CAM (AlibreCAM) and so far I've seen nothing better.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Atom3D has a cut down version of the interface you see in Expert (less tools).

It uses the same core software as Alibre Design, and keeps licence in the same location - hence your issue. If you contact the Sales channel you purchased from, a trial licence key can be issued to let you check out Atom3D. The fact Alibre has been previously installed prevents the normal trial mechanism from functioning.

Stu3d

There are UI changes in the pipeline for the future so may be worth hanging on with what you got. I was quite happy with V24 until recently, biggest downside was not being able to open files or use addons for newer versions.
I reckon you would find Atom a big downgrade and same ugly UI. Personally I really like the UI.