What's new

Change Mouse Cursor?

Hi
I'm running Atom 3D V22. It has been a month or 2 since I have use it, and it was updated in the interim. I feel like the cursor cross-hair has been changed. The lines in it seem much thicker than I remember, and that makes it tricky to get the cursor positioned correctly. Is there a way to change this ? I just want to make the lines of the cross-hair thinner.

Pete

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
The thicker cursor is for those with hi-res monitors - that is new with v22.
Do you see the Snap box as you move close to an end point or mid point and do you see the Snap Zone and icon change to indicate that you are near a sketch figure? Those were features added to help when sketching.

Phew. I feel better now that I know it IS thicker. It works ok, but I am usually working in a small screen, and the cursor sometimes is covering the element I want to select if there is a cluster of elements.I can use the advanced selector, or zoom in. Its not a big deal but I would change it if possible to one with thinner hairs, or maybe translucent?
Yes, the snap zone and Icon change properly. Still can't get the midpoint of a line consistently though.

Pete

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Still can't get the midpoint of a line consistently though.
I have discovered that IF a sketch figure is on top of a reference figure the cursor cannot indicate the mid-point of the sketch figure. Some other means of constraining the sketch figure is then needed to eliminate the underlying reference figure, if at all possible.

The "stacking" may happen if a Collinear constraint is applied, like a line to an axis. I've only noticed this with sketch lines but it might be possible with arcs also.

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Please read my threat:

Hi Giov. This is absolutely not a critique of your English. I just thought it a little funny for this forum.
Probably just a typo on your part anyway. ;)

This is just for the non French speakers.
"threat" in English = "menace" in French
"thread" in English = "fil" in French :D

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Thanks oldfox!
Is like a threat for the Alibre develop team:) because I really don't like the new cursor, I do like the same but more fine like AutoCad !!! but yes the idea is thread..

Last edited: