What's new

Changes to Alibre Web Site???

bobster

I was just working with a co-worker who has an interest in purchasing Alibre for his own use and when I went to the Alibre site I found only links to resellers under the "Store" drop down menu??
There was no pricing information for any products, also no options like manuals or add-ons.
I logged in and still found no direct links to Alibre that would allow access t any pricing information or direct purchase from the Alibre site.
What's going on, has Alibre changed it's business model and now only sells it's roducts through resellers??

Max

Administrator
Staff member
We only sell internationally through resellers. We have always done this - there were (broken) systems in place earlier to detect about half of the international people that tried to purchase directly from us. Now they are 99% effective. That's the only change.

Max

bobster

That's good to hear, I was worried that Alibre may be going the way of the "Big Boys" and only selling through VARs.
But here's a heads-up, the "Store" tab is not working. Selecting it takes you to the VAR page, no Alibre products are available for purchase from this page or anywhere else on the Alibre site.
I was attempting to show the pricing choices to my co-worker and it was not possible.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
But here's a heads-up, the "Store" tab is not working. Selecting it takes you to the VAR page, no Alibre products are available for purchase from this page or anywhere else on the Alibre site.
I was attempting to show the pricing choices to my co-worker and it was not possible.

This is by design. Prices vary slightly in different areas of the world, so the best way to show your co-worker is to simply ask for a quote from your reseller.

Max

bobster

OK, so it does appear that Alibre has moved from the direct sales model to working through resellers.
Is it still possible to call sales and place orders directly for Alibre s/w, add-ons, upgrades and maintenance, or must we deal only through the local reseller?

bobster

Looks like the Alibre store is back in business.
All the goodies and pricing are out there for the world to see and buy direct, if you are located in the USA.

I was logging on from my company comupter, our servers are based in the Netherlands and I work in Connecticut, but the web address may be served form Europe. Maybe that explains why only the VAR page appeared from my computer at work and from home everything looks normal?

In any event, I think my co-worker will soon be an Alibre cusomer and I'll get a bit of maintenance for the refferal.