What's new

Colour on face

wojo63

Hi everyone
I am beginer in HS. How can I add different colour to various face of one part, eg. plywood board has this same texture and colour on bought flat side but on the edge has dark and bright stripes.
Other example may be a metal tube that is supposed to have coloured exterior surfaces but metallic interior and section

Could you please help me how to do this?
Thanks in advance

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi wojo63,

At the moment it is not yet possible.
I use MOI3D to separate surfaces/faces and 3D cuts through the entire assembly.
It is a good addition to Alibre. (Similar to Rhino, but brilliant in the usage)

Ralf

Alibre Super User
wojo63 said:
Hi everyone
I am beginer in HS. How can I add different colour to various face of one part, eg. plywood board has this same texture and colour on bought flat side but on the edge has dark and bright stripes.
Other example may be a metal tube that is supposed to have coloured exterior surfaces but metallic interior and section

Could you please help me how to do this?
Thanks in advance

ralf3 said:
Hi wojo63,

Hi wojo63,

Another option is to export your Alibre parts/assemblies as *. skp Google SketchUp.
- Import -> with (free) Google SketchUp 7,
- Here you can assign different materials to individual faces/surfaces

With HyperShot you can open/import SketchUp files. (*.skp)
HyperShot "recognizes" the different faces/surfaces as "Layer"
and now you can assign different materials to individual faces/surfaces.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Here is an example:
AD V12.0 single part -> Export -> Google SketchUp -> Textures & colours -> HyperShot
( Test with Windows XP 32 bit, Alibre V12.0, Free SketchUp 7, Alibre Google SketchUp Publisher)

Attachments

• AD-SUP-HS.jpg
    AD-SUP-HS.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 302

JL82

ralf3 said:
Hi wojo63,

I think Moi3D could be very intersting software. What format do you import the alibre assemblies to MOI3D? I would like to use different surface on the part of a assembly.

Juha

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Juha,

You can export Alibre parts/assemblies -> STEP AP 203 or 214.
With Moi V2 you can import STEP and within Moi you can select and "isolate" individual faces.
Export as *obj...and now import in many other applications, like Blender, Maxwell Render, C4D, KeyShot, Shot...

We use every day Alibre and Moi3D, sufficient for solid and surface modeling in most cases, only DIN 2D ...still licking.

Attachments

• Moi-to-Render.jpg
    Moi-to-Render.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 235
  • Moi-Assembly.jpg
    Moi-Assembly.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 233

JL82

ralf3 said:
Juha,

You can export Alibre parts/assemblies -> STEP AP 203 or 214.
With Moi V2 you can import STEP and within Moi you can select and "isolate" individual faces.
Export as *obj...and now import in many other applications, like Blender, Maxwell Render, C4D, KeyShot, Shot...

We use every day Alibre and Moi3D, sufficient for solid and surface modeling in most cases, only DIN 2D ...still licking.

Thanks. I have a trial of Moi3D V1. There is more features In V2 like V1 if I understood seeing the screen caputure.

Ralf, have you information for ISO/DIN 2D standard in Alibre in the future. Does Alibre want to develop drawings standards to ISO/DIN ?