What's new

Configurations not linking?

I have a main assembly with two copies of a subassembly that has 2 configurations. I have Alibre Expert and Atom on two different computers.
When I change the configuration of the subassemblies to the alternate in Alibre Expert, the alternate configuration part of the subassembly is placed (it is an assembly of two parts) in random places in the main assembly, and doesn't move (like it's anchored).

When I do the same with the same file in Atom, one of the subassemblies changes configuration properly and the other acts as above.
I cannot find any differences between the subassemblies, and the subassembly files have no red constraints.

I don't have a powerful laptop (the Expert is running on a weaker machine, Atom is running on an older machine).Both are i7 Win10, but Atom has a Radeon graphics chip (10year old Asus) and Expert only has the standard intel graphics (1 year old Lenovo)

Is this a known bug? Is it fixed in ver 23/24?

Atom3D does not support configurations and never has done. That is probably the root cause.

You could switch the Expert license to the other computer - not sure why you'd want to have both Atom and Expert on different machines if it's for one user.
No. The root cause is something else, otherwise, why does Atom actually work better at it?

Sometimes, I don't use CAD at all for a year or more.
It's easier for me to just weld things together than to draw them, but sometimes people insist on more than one item, and they want them to be similar.
So. Back to the questions...
Is it a known ALIBRE bug (configurations not carrying over into primary assemblies from subassemblies)?
If so, has it been addressed?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If you think there is an issue here, report it to support. There is no such 'known bug' as far as I'm aware.