What's new

connecting rotated copies of sketch-parts

MarcusWolschon

I have a complex shape that is made up of 5 rotated, connected copies of the same open shape.
(The encoder-disc of a Speed Dial -lock http://marcuswolschon.blogspot.com/2010 ... d-dial.htm)

I can create 5 rotated copies of the curves while editing the sketch but:

1) Is it possible to have the number of copies parametric (e.g. 6 instead of 5 copies)?

2) The 5 copies are not connected. Their start- and end-nodes just occupy the same location.
I cannot "heal" the sketch as it complains that this would generate a "deformed sketch".

Any idea how to go about this?

wathavy4

Alibre Super User
Re: connecting rotates copies of sketch-parts

I can see no item on your link, though.

I recommend to create one part which you want to parametrically place multiple first.
I don't think you can do the same on the sketch.
Alibre is parametric on 3D parts than 2D sketches.( You might but not as easy as 3D part world.)

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Marcus,

As Toshi says - 2D sketch patterns are not editable. Wherever possible I do the patterning of the 3D feature, which allows easy editing later (the pattern appears in the design tree).

MarcusWolschon

DavidJ said:
Marcus,

As Toshi says - 2D sketch patterns are not editable. Wherever possible I do the patterning of the 3D feature, which allows easy editing later (the pattern appears in the design tree).

:(
I would have liked to avoid coplanar surfaces here but I guess that´s the only way to go.
Design on segment with a meassurement to be "360 / number" degrees wide and copy it "number" times rotated around the origin.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
You are right Nate, there is no problem.
... after 10 minutes.... :)

Attachments

• UBG-2.jpg
    UBG-2.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 99
  • UBG-1.jpg
    UBG-1.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 104

MarcusWolschon

ralf3 said:
You are right Nate, there is no problem.
... after 10 minutes.... :)

Nice. :)
So I just had the wrong aproach for this tool.
Could you send me your file so I just have to add all the constraints and meassurements? :)