What's new

constraint and movement

pc-6

Attached is a screen shot of an aircraft wing.
Problem # 1
On the leading edge is 4 rollers and a curved bar called a Tomahawk Bar. This Bar must be constrained so that it rides in the rollers forwards and back along the curved arc of the Tomahawk bar.
I am unable to constrain the curved surface of the rollers to the curved surface of the Tomahawk bar.
There are two tabs on the rear of the bar that would be attached to an articulating linkage, this is not shown and would limit the fore and aft travel and keep the Bar from rotating.
What is the appropriate way to constrain this?

Problem # 2
At the trailing end of the rib is a flap with 2 pins that will ride in the two channels on the end of the rib. In order to extend the flap Back and down, a pushrod will push on the bottom pin forcing the flap backwards and as the pins ride in the track they will also rotate the flap down as they follow thier appropriate channel.
I have added some constraints to this already just to get the position correct for viewing.
How do I constrain this to allow the flap to move accordingly?

Thanks all for the help
Leif

Attachments

• Flap and Tomahawk Constraint problem.JPG
    Flap and Tomahawk Constraint problem.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 36
  • Flap & Tomahawk Constraint problem.AD_ASM
    232 KB · Views: 3
  • Tomahawk Bar.AD_PRT
    386 KB · Views: 3

pc-6

Additional files attached as only three allowed per post.
These are for the Tomahawk assembly.

Attachments

• Helio Slat Guide Bushing top.AD_PRT
    276.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Helio Slat Guide Bushing bottom.AD_PRT
    285 KB · Views: 3

pc-6

Here are the final two parts for the flap assembly.

Attachments

• Helio Flap F3.AD_PRT
    425.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Helio Flap Guide Bushing.AD_PRT
    232.5 KB · Views: 3

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Leif,
If you could export your assembly as an Alibre .stp file. it would make in a whole lot easier for someone to look at your model. If need be, because of file size, you can zip it before uploading. Besides that, you would have only one file to upload. :)