What's new

Constraint error

WillB

How do I make the top pipe in this assembly stick out 180degrees from the bottom one? I have tried angle constraint and only get the over constraint error.

Attachments

• riser.AD_PKG
    416.8 KB · Views: 5

Nick952

Try right click on each item of the top "bend" and select "Show Reference Geometry", then use the Planes from the reference geometry and the base plane (I used ZX Plane) in the constraints to align everything.
It would be easier/better if you did the Bends as a Sub Assembly using this method and then inserted the complete bend into your final riser assembly.

Edit:- I've aligned the top bend using the reference geometry in this added file

Attachments

• riser -2.AD_PKG
    409.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

JST

Alibre Super User
Sometimes you get that error when the constraint is partially duplicating another constraint, such as doing an align to the plane on both the right angle parts.

It may be better to align the center point of the second pipe bore opening to the plane. Gets you to the same place, but does not duplicate another constraint. And if there is some discrepancy down in the 18th decimal place somewhere, the inconsequential error will not be triggered.