What's new

Constraint inferencing - how do I turn it off?

Stu3d

I am tracing an image in sketch mode, there are lots of curves near each other and I am using the spline curve tool.
Spline curve I am drawing constrains to another nearby spline which results in the node not being placed exactly where I clicked the cursor and causing problems when I want to edit a spline as anothe spline also moves.
I realise I can hold down Ctrl + Shift to suspend constraint inferencing but that gets a bit boring and I still seem to have the odd problem.
In Help underneath where it mentions how to suspend it with Ctrl + Shift it says "Constraint inferencing behavior can be modified or turned off completely." but it doesn't say how!
Any ideas please or am I going to have to put a couple of small weights on my Ctrl and Shift key?

Stu3d

Thank you. As I had searched Help the index wasn't visible on the left.
Edit: or to be more accurate the index wasn't expanded to that section.

Stu3d

There are 11 tick boxes and I would have to untick/tick 9 of them each time I wanted to turn off/on constraint inferencing which is a bit of a palaver.
Would it be possible for me to write a script to create a toggle that I could assign to a shortcut key?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I can see those options aren't exposed in the API, so can't be accessed via a script.