What's new

Constraints are placed on top of each other.

MKR

Hello

Does anyone have a good idea on how to delete a constraint that is placed under other constraints that should not be deleted?

/Michael

MKR

Doesn't zooming in help? Can you share the file or at least a screenshot?
Hello David

No zooming do not help.
This is in the bottom of the sketch.
I have attached the file.

12345.png

Attachments

• 12345.AD_PRT
    241 KB · Views: 15

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
A little odd that happened, but at this point the correct answer is delete them both then add the one you want back in. Takes 10 seconds vs asking how to avoid it. However if you constantly see such a problem then support and devs should check it out.

MKR

A little odd that happened, but at this point the correct answer is delete them both then add the one you want back in. Takes 10 seconds vs asking how to avoid it. However if you constantly see such a problem then support and devs should check it out.
There are 4 constraints on top of the one I wanted to delete.
Naturally, I deleted the sketch then and drew it again. But thought that in the future it would be nice to be able to do it in a smarter way.
Thank you for your time.

/Michael

MKR

In Sketch Edit mode, if you place/hover the cursor over the multiple constraint, pressing the TAB key will cycle through each constraint, one per press, then when the constraint you want is active press DELETE or RMB and select DELETE.
Thank you Nick.

Can anyone else confirm this?
This method doesn't work for me, so I might have a problem with my installation.

/Michael

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Michael,

Just a thought, how many displays are you using and what is the resolution of those displays?

Nick952

I've just checked this again and it does seem to be variable, as in zoom level dependant? I only did a quick check before posting my original reply and it seemed to work as described, so no guarantees.
This was on my laptop, when I get a chance I'll check it out on my desktop.

Last edited:

MKR

I've just checked this again and it does seem to be variable, as in zoom level dependant? I only did a quick check before posting my original reply and it seemed to work as described, so no guarantees.
This was on my laptop, when I get a chance I'll check it out on my desktop.
Hey Nick
Okay, thank you.