What's new

Contour Flange Sketch

Mika

Hey.

I have created a sheet metal part inside the assembly and projected a sketch line with "maintain association to source entity". Sketch line is a slightly arc shaped line, why does the contour flange tool is not recognizing this sketch?? Single straight line it will recognize, but when it comes slightly arc shaped, then not...

Attachments

• SheetMetalSketch.jpg
    SheetMetalSketch.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 17

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Hi Mika,

Please check if the projected 2D sketch meets the requirements. (Tooltip)

Contour.jpg

Mika

I kinda solved it already. Looks like contour flange always needs tangential constaraint on some straight line. So I drawed 0.01mm long line at the end of the arc...so now it works. FlatBar 50x5 is created on it´s place.

Attachments

• FlatBarOnPlace.JPG
    FlatBarOnPlace.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 13
  • TangentialStraightLine.JPG
    TangentialStraightLine.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 12

Mika

If there would be a arc length measurement tool, this would not be necessary to do like this. Unbent FlatBar pieces I can measure on the drawing.

Mika

HaroldL, is that length measurement somehow possible to link to BOM list? No need arc length dimension, if length can be shown on BOM list line.

Mika

Yes no...bent material centerline is not the same measurement than that edge...

Mika

Cut the right length pieces, bent on it's place and weld. This is just a one case, maybe someday I want to measure a bended pipes centerlines. How to do that?

Mika

How to bring edge length to parameters? I think parameters are just measurements and without arc length dimension, there is no parameter what we need.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry - I misunderstood what you were asking for...

You could setting parameter to arc radius x arc angle , that will give arc length (angles are handled internally as radians).

Last edited: