What's new

Copy & Paste on Drawings?

Cameraman

Copy & Paste on Drawings?

Hi All,

Am I missing something, or is it not possible to copy and paste items on drawings? Specifically, I sure would like to be able to make copies of notes from one part of a drawing to another, and from drawing to drawing, to save me a bunch of typing and formatting time . . .

Yeah, yeah, I know . . . why has it taken this long to ask such a basic question? Well, I haven't really created that many drawings yet, and generally I'm in too big of a hurry to stop and look for things, so when I couldn't find a way to copy notes I just recreated the new ones from scratch instead of looking for the answer to my question . . . but today I could have saved a bunch of time with Copy & Paste, so I decided to finally post the question . . .

Regards,
Greg :D

Willbur

Copying notes

The way I generally copy notes is to type the note once and just before hitting OK on the dialog box, do a CNTL-A (select all) and copy (CNTL-C). You can then start a new note box (same drawing or a different one) and just paste the text into it (CNTL-V). The copied text will keep its formatting as well.

kosinski

Notes/drawings?

Can you make the notes part of a drawing format? Like have all the notes for a sheet metal part :? ?

Cameraman

Thanks for the replies . . . I could certainly do either of those things and it would be better than re-typing the notes, but this is 2004 and we're working with Windows, for gosh sakes! I can create a beautiful 3D model with relatively little effort, but I cannot copy and paste a simple 2D object?

Ah well . . . gotta take the bad with the good, I suppose . . . <heavy sigh>

Regards,
Greg :D