What's new

Could someone open up this file? It's behaving oddly.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
It opens but there are no default planes.

When I try to edit anything or create a sketch, the entire model disappears. I'm trying to determine if theres a problem with my installation of Alibre, or if the problem is with the part file.

Attachments

• ER20 3034 Rail Collet Rack.AD_PRT
    2.7 MB · Views: 6

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Ken,

just added 3 holes...

1667603218709.png

and you have to zoom massive way out to see the origin axis with names and planes...

1667603352481.png

Regards
Stefan

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Yeah, there's something going on with Edge Chamfer<44>.
The model disappeared as soon as I tried to rotate it. So I rolled the Dog Bone up to the top and stepped thru the model. As soon as I got to Edge Chamfer <44> I noticed the planes took off and when I did zoom fit the model vanished. Zooming way in found it.

Here's before the chamfer:
1667603565038.png

And here's after:
1667603605888.png

The model is still there, it's just that the Planes have scaled way up for some reason.
1667603682754.png

Try zooming in on the Origin and you'll find your part.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Ok, thanks.

That did the trick. I deleted Chamfer 44 and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for the help guys. It is greatly appreciated.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
That did the trick. I deleted Chamfer 44 and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for the help guys. It is greatly appreciated.
I would have submitted a support ticket and attached the original model causing the issue. If dev aren't given models that exhibit issues and made aware of them, then the root of the problems never get fixed and the issue just lurks under the surface to bite someone else and we all live with a buggy product!

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I would have submitted a support ticket and attached the original model causing the issue. If dev aren't given models that exhibit issues and made aware of them, then the root of the problems never get fixed and the issue just lurks under the surface to bite someone else and we all live with a buggy product!

I will do that.

I can re-download the problem part file, since it's uploaded here on the forum.

Ken226

Alibre Super User

I submitted the support ticket, with the problem file uploaded.

Thanks for the assistance.

Here is the finished part, out running on the 3d Printer now. We shall see how it turns out tomorrow when I get home from work!

Untitled.jpg