What's new

Creality CR-10

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Hi Rocketnut, that CR-10 of yours is getting some cracking reviews. Starting to think of getting one myself. Only downside is the ABS thing.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
bigseb said:
Hi Rocketnut, that CR-10 of yours is getting some cracking reviews. Starting to think of getting one myself. Only downside is the ABS thing.

What the ABS problem? I print in ABS with very problems. Only thing with ABS in you need an enclosure to keep the surrounding air of the part at table temp.

Here is a link to a Facebook group devoded to the CR-10 printer https://www.facebook.com/groups/3dPrinterCR10/

MainJet

I have a 600mm3 Creatbot dual nozzle as well and have had for quite a while.
Does pretty decent prints too but was quite expensive.
Both printers run most days just for prototyping for ourselves. Tend to only print in PLA and use fine (slow) settings

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I to use mine for prototyping also, along with finished items (like the booster shown in the user design)

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I also see a lot of reviews for the Tevo Tornado which is a CR10 look-alike. Being it's the second one out of the gate, they have supposedly improved on a few things from the CR10.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Saw a review of a Tevo on Youtube a while back and it was rated very very poor. Can't recall if it was a Tornado though.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
There are some recent side-by-side comparison videos on YouTube now that it's been out there for a while. One that I saw still had the CR10 edged ahead with the quality of the print. Some of the improvements are a heated bed on its own circuit that heats up faster than the CR10 and a smaller control box.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Today I received my Creality CR-X. What a machine. I am incredibly pleased. Basically its an upgraded CR-10. And the new single nozzle dual extrusion means my dual prints look great. Best buy.

#happy dance

Creality-CR-X_x700.jpg