What's new

Creating reference from end of cylinder?

euphnut65

Creating reference from end of cylinder?

Hello again,

I cannot seem to get a reference off of the end of a cylinder. I guess because the ends are not really corners, but just look that way in the side view.

I'm trying to set a distance from the bottom of the cylinder for a set screw hole. I've tried creating a 3D section view (sucessfully) and then tried to do a project to sketch-nothing goes into the "entites to project" field.

It seems like it would be nice to have another option for section view such as hide rather than just view and delete, you you could easily turn it back on later, without having to recreate it.

Thanks for any help on this,
Eric

fitzbond

Creating reference from side of cylinder?

Have you tried the "project to sketch" command then select near the bottom and it should highlight and once you select it there should be a line then you can offset it.

euphnut65

Did try project to sketch

Yes I did try project to sketch. I can select the center axis and the outer "edges", but not the ends or the cylinder.

When I project to sketch with the outer "edges",the entities to project field has a listing like: com.alibredesign.clientEdgeInstance@1f27, (seems like a strange description).

Thanks,
Eric

euphnut65

Had edge visibility off

I inadvertently had display Shaded only on. I changed it to Shaded and All Edges, now I can project to sketch.

I thought it was just for display, but I guess not.

Thanks