What's new

Custom drawing templates

NelsonEdgar

I am using Alibre Atom3D. Is there a way to customize drawing templates and also a script to insert standard data ?

NelsonEdgar

Not sure why you would need a script - there are user entered fields already available. Use Labels for data that never changes. See this article
https://support.alibre.com/support/...-custom-2d-drawing-templates-in-alibre-design

possibly also some of the others in the Mechanical Drawings section of knowledgebase https://support.alibre.com/support/solutions/folders/27000051520
Thanks for responding DavidJ. However the information you sent me all relates to Alibre Design - I made a point of noting in my post that I am using Alibre Atom3D and the many of the features described in creating custom 2D drawing templates do not appear to be available.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about that - I didn't flip into Atom Mode to check. Do the provided templates work OK for you? If so, an option might be to persuade an Alibre Design users to modify a template to suit.

Scripting isn't currently available in Atom either.

H-L-Smith

Isn't the help system online now?

I just ran my help and it specifically says, "Help for Alibre Design and Alibre Atom3D." I'd suggest doing a help search on "Creating a Custom Template" and see what turns up. If you see a result (there is one for Expert) then just try it out and see what happens. It may work.

Cheers,

NelsonEdgar

Thanks for the suggestions. None of them work in Atom3D. I 'solved' the problem by starting with a blank drawing and sketching the format I wanted. I also entered generic text (x's and y's) in the fields I wanted to populate. I then saved the drawing with a generic name. To make a drawing of a particular model, I open the the generic drawing and insert the views, dimensions etc. that I want. I also edit the generic text in the populated fields to suit the model. When I do a 'save as' Atom3D warns me whether I want to overwrite the generic drawing. At that point I rename the generic drawing to suit the model that was inserted. Sounds complicated but it works quite well. It is a good idea to put a copy of the generic drawing in another directory, in case you forget and overwrite it.