What's new

Cycle through orthographic views?

GaretDH

Is there a keyboard command that will cycle through all of the available orthographic views? Sort of next-next-next... The Next and Previous View keys seems to do something else...

indesign

Alibre Super User
GaretDH said:
Is there a keyboard command that will cycle through all of the available orthographic views? Sort of next-next-next... The Next and Previous View keys seems to do something else...

In short there is only one keystroke per view capable of being set. By default only one of those are set (ctrl+D7). Go to you system property>keyboard shortcuts>view and you will see where to set the shortcuts for each view. Try setting them using the keypad instead of the numbers above letters (like D7) Set them in a pattern for instance use Alt+12345678 for each orientation that you like.

GaretDH

I've been trying to come up with a way to cycle views sequentially for the purpose of programming the SpacePilot. I'd like to get all the ortho views without using up all my available keys, if possible, and the macro tools seem pretty limited

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Garet, I have read your posting in the Hardware forum about your new SpacePilot Pro. :)
Therefore, I recommend:
Ctrl+1
Ctrl+2
Ctrl+3
Ctrl+4
Ctrl+5
Ctrl+6
Ctrl+7

Works with your keyboard and with the Space Pilot.

indesign

Alibre Super User
Ralf...I think he wants to have the spacepilot change views each time he clicks a single button. Is this possible or will he need to program a sepperate button for each view?

GaretDH

Yes, exactly! I'd like to use the ISO key on the SpacePilot to snap to my standard +x+y+z view that I always tend to orient from. But I'd like to use the same key for a long press (press and hold, different function) to cycle through the orthographic views until I get the one I want. I could do it if the Next and Previous Views commands worked with the ortho views, or if I could figure out how to make the macro sequence the keystrokes (one after the other) and stop playing when I release the key.

@Ralf Yep, and I'm having a great time with the SpacePilot! :D It's amazing so far, but there is a bit of a learning curve. I feel like I'm learning to drive again!

Edit: I wonder if there's a way to get AHK to do it...

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
I don't think so without being able to store and update a variable somewhere.

I only see the "Equation Editor" - a longshot. If you go at the 3Dconnexion SDK I'll help if I can.