What's new

D-Cubed Release (Updates) Announcement

swertel

Alibre Super User

Don't forget, though, that the D-Cubed technology is the back end, just like ACIS is for the modeler.

Alibre, Inc. has to develop AD to be able to utilize the new tools supplied by D-Cubed. That may happen quickly, or not at all. Just because the technology is licensed doesn't mean it is fully employed.

Re:

swertel said:
Don't forget, though, that the D-Cubed technology is the back end, just like ACIS is for the modeler.

Alibre, Inc. has to develop AD to be able to utilize the new tools supplied by D-Cubed. That may happen quickly, or not at all. Just because the technology is licensed doesn't mean it is fully employed.

Exactly. The AEM and CDM have been available for at least 4 or 5 years. Some (but not all) of their capabilities was integrated into SolidWorks as far back as version 2001.

macinc

When I asked about the motion capabilities in the new 9.1, Alibre told me features like true collision detection are available, but presently too expensive to put into AD and keep the price where they want it.

swertel

Alibre Super User

Interestingly enough, most of my enhancement requests are not for new features, but to get the current features to work as expected. Granted, sometimes that means expanding the feature - which some would conclude as a new feature. But to me, a protrusion is a protrusion is a protrusion - get them to all work the same with any geometry I may interact with.