What's new

Decade

warburton1

Decade

Just thought I would share this with everyone.

I have an expert license, which includes the MSCVisualNastran 4D package, however, I found that I didn't want to install it, only to have to use the 3 month limited license time training myself, although I believe the license is now for 12 months. So it has sat on the CD, unused since day one. Now, time has come that I need to do some analysis of a kinematic system (Not just a dynamic animation). So I started to look around for other software on top of starting to use VisualNastran. Anyway enough of my endless meanderings.

I found an excellent open source kinematic tool called Decade. It does not unfortunately work with Alibre, instead some form of data input is required eg. inertias, volume, CG, Interface coordinates etc. However, it is quite good as a simple analysis tool. It does, however, work directly with catia, solidworks and inventor, so I would assume that it could be modified to work with Alibre, if enough people can provide the programmer with a reason to do so!

for further info and download see;-

http://www.decade-dynamics.org

:idea: Maybe we should get Alibre to consider it as an add on to Alibre :idea:

moyesboy

Alibre Super User

Est-ce que n'importe qui d'autre n'a pas un léger problème que toute l'information sur ceci est seulement en français ?

Gaspar

Alibre Super User
Re:

MilesH said:
Ils peuvent apprécier la vidéo, n'est pas ce vrai?

Took the words off my mouth Miles...

Seriously, I don't speak a word of French. What does this software do? Does it have an English GUI? (Spanish would be too much to ask, right :D )

warburton1

:oops: Did I forget to mention that the software was created in French...

There is an English Language version, however, the help files are in French, as is the tutorial. Still it is fairly intuitive to go through the construction process of a kinematic.

I am currently trying to get the Catia version integrated with my customers installation but there appears to be a problem with the COM Server. If I manage to get this version working I will give you more info on the interactivity of the two peices of software.

Scott--
I got tasked by my customer to recommend an "all seeing all dancing" kinematic / dynamic tool for simulating fatigue testing. In this regard I have been looking at four or five different packages including;- 20Sim from controllab in Holland, Virtual.Lab from LMS in Belgium and Kinematics within Catia. The last two packages are V.Expensive, whilst 20Sim doesn't seem to offer direct integration, relying on reconstruction of imported iges files. Decade offers some of the necessary tools, with direct integration into catia (see above!!) and analysis of user defined sensors being some of them.

I think your right as well direct integration would be better

Gaspar--
Think animation "with bells and whistles" and that is what decade is supposed to offer :lol:

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Thanks for sharing and for clarifying.

This is something we could really use.

If I want to work with an Alibre model would that mean I have to export as STP and the re-constrain in Decade?

swertel

Alibre Super User

OT:

I must have mistranslated Gaspar's broken Espanol because even though I'm up-to-date on this thread, I read his last sentence as having to
re-constrain in de-cad rather the Decade.

Which if funny because he has to de-cad his model to use it in Decade and then re-cad it for the analysis. It's gotta be beer-thirty somewhere.