What's new

Default material for new models

Hunter

I could've sworn this worked before, but I simply cannot get Alibre V22 to remember a material of my choice as the default material. It defaults to Berryllium, it doesn't matter how many times I tick the box "Set current settings as the default..." in File Properties.

From Wikipedia: Beryllium is a chemical element with the symbol Be and atomic number 4. It is a relatively rare element in the universe, usually occurring as a product of the spallation of larger atomic nuclei that have collided with cosmic rays. Within the cores of stars, beryllium is depleted as it is fused into heavier elements.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't use Berrylium.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
From Wikipedia: Beryllium is a chemical element with the symbol Be and atomic number 4. It is a relatively rare element in the universe, usually occurring as a product of the spallation of larger atomic nuclei that have collided with cosmic rays. Within the cores of stars, beryllium is depleted as it is fused into heavier elements.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't use Berrylium.
:D:D:D:D Pure genius!

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Copper beryllium alloy is used a fair bit in injection moulding. Great heat transfer properties while having a hardness closer to steel.

Beryllium dust is poisonous af. Wear a mask when working it. Almost killed an ex-colleague of mine. No joke.

Engr62

I wish it would default to some astronomically high density material. That way, there's little chance you wouldn't notice that the correct material isn't set for a component of an assembly when doing a weight calculation.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
So it cannot be set?

Looks like it can't be set even though the Help manual states that it should.
When I look at the Material Library on my computer it has Beryllium selected, likely I suppose because it it the first one in the list. When I tried to set Steel as the default I had the same results as you, no default Steel.

NoDefaultMaterial.png