What's new

Default Pathnames for Catalog Features, and other Opens

WoodWorks

Alibre Super User
Default Pathnames for Catalog Features, and other Opens

A feature I really like with my word processor and other software is the ability to define a default path to my images, documents and various other items I have to open repeatidly.

By supporting a separate default pathnames for Part, Catalog Features, Symbols, and other Open dialog items, it would allow Opening a Part, Inserting a Catalog Feature, and Opening another Part etc., without having to keep browsing back and forth between folders.

I keep my Library of Catalog features, Symbols, standard model templates in special folders. Being able to even support a default pathname for those items would help get to them rapidly.

Even using the same methodology of remembering the last folder used, but keep different classes of open separate. As currently there is a separation between the last folder used for an open than a save; there could be a different last Catalog Feature folder used. This also carried into any other specialized open and save dialogs.

Aytac

When I work with different cad programs that interacts each other, I always have to organize customers' files into separate folders.
There is a freeware program named Dirkey and it assigns 9 numeric keys to 9 different folders. You can call these folders for open/save dialog boxes and even in the windows explorer by pressing "Ctrl+1" or "Win+1" for example.
I find this program very useful and it may ease your work a little bit. You can download the program from:

http://www.protonfx.com/dirkey/

Regards,

zzedexx

Re:

Aytac said:
When I work with different cad programs that interacts each other, I always have to organize customers' files into separate folders.
There is a freeware program named Dirkey and it assigns 9 numeric keys to 9 different folders. You can call these folders for open/save dialog boxes and even in the windows explorer by pressing "Ctrl+1" or "Win+1" for example.
I find this program very useful and it may ease your work a little bit. You can download the program from:

http://www.protonfx.com/dirkey/

Regards,

hey Aytac

dirkey sounds like it could be a handy little routine.
so thanks for the tip.

i kinda expect it to not be much help wrt helpfully pointing to alibre repositories/subfolders tho, so i will

6th

this post anyway.

;)