What's new

Deleting Points?

Maavhamt

Hi, I have a complex model with about 100 components. I had put 2 points in the model, one was to help constrain an object I have since deleted and I can't remember where the other one comes from. Now I want to delete them but can't, there is no option to delete in the drop down menu. They are "Point 47mm central point" and "Point centre of 55mm filter Rectus stem".

upload_2018-12-19_14-42-54.png

upload_2018-12-19_14-43-24.png

I can hide them but not delete them or suppress them. Any ideas how to get rid of them?

Hi, I have a complex model with about 100 components. I had put 2 points in the model, one was to help constrain an object I have since deleted and I can't remember where the other one comes from. Now I want to delete them but can't, there is no option to delete in the drop down menu. They are "Point 47mm central point" and "Point centre of 55mm filter Rectus stem".

Any ideas how to get rid of them?
If the Points are used to Define Things you cannot get rid of them without getting rid of the things defined by them. However, you can Hide them.

Maavhamt

That's what I don't understand, I have deleted the objects they relate to. How do I find what they do relate to? I have been through all the constraints and can't find anything.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Checked assembly and sketch constraints? Also, one of the sketch constraints doesn't leave a symbol (I forget which one) so if you used that then then only thing to do is delete the sketch that used that particular constraint.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Your best option may be to "save all as" a copy and in that copy test what is affected by altering the locations of the points. If it moves or breaks it is dependent.

Maavhamt

Yes I deleted the constraints and went through the constraints list to check there were none relating to those points. There are no constraints in error.