What's new

Dell G3 15 3590 comments

JST

Alibre Super User
For about a grand, this seems to be very nice as a balance between price and performance.

Screen is a bit smaller than I am used to (15.6 vs 17"), and resolution is a little less than I had, but the 6 cores, NVIDIA display card, 16Gb memory, and half Tb of NVMe ss "hard drive" seems to work out quite nicely as to speed.

Others might disagree, but I am liking the machine so far. What I see as issues are all with either Win 10 pro, or with build 20072 of Alibre.

It definitely renders in a good snappy way, without the delays of my prior 2 core machine. And it did not, as Max described it, "set money on fire".

I would, at this point, recommend it.

Ralf

Alibre Super User
For about a grand, this seems to be very nice as a balance between price and performance.

Screen is a bit smaller than I am used to (15.6 vs 17"), and resolution is a little less than I had, but the 6 cores, NVIDIA display card, 16Gb memory, and half Tb of NVMe ss "hard drive" seems to work out quite nicely as to speed.

Others might disagree, but I am liking the machine so far. What I see as issues are all with either Win 10 pro, or with build 20072 of Alibre.

It definitely renders in a good snappy way, without the delays of my prior 2 core machine. And it did not, as Max described it, "set money on fire".

I would, at this point, recommend it.
Do you use the Nvidia graphics card with the Optimus driver or just the Intel UHD chip?

JST

Alibre Super User
NVIDIA, of course.

Had some trouble getting it to be selected, but the driver allows the card to be selected between them individually by program. That "control panel" program was installed automatically after I had been using the machine, and loading programs.

JST

Alibre Super User
Well, still happy with it.

It boots in 12 seconds, opens my biggest files in a fraction of the previous time, has none of the jerky delays of the previous machine (except the Win 10 freezups), and the 6 cores render keyshot models far faster than before.

Still highly recommended.