What's new

Design (etc) explorer deep dive

Alexander

At the simplest level, one can activate the Sketch, rotate the Sketch's view and see the Reference Plane or Entity Face upon which the Sketch was created. Although I am often remiss in this manner, remember that you can Name each Sketch to identify important information. [I am quite consistent in naming Features this way -- something I highly recommend.]

+2
Agreed. A little discipline and planning goes a long way

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
At the simplest level, one can activate the Sketch, rotate the Sketch's view and see the Reference Plane or Entity Face upon which the Sketch was created. Although I am often remiss in this manner, remember that you can Name each Sketch to identify important information. [I am quite consistent in naming Features this way -- something I highly recommend.]
"Of course, I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it."

a characteristic that would be interesting to have would be the possibility of being able to rotate a cut or view that in a drawing is not in a plane ( i mean Vertical or horizontal).
In the following figure we had to make 2 cuts, in the AA plane, the generated figure and all its respective cuts and details are in an unconventional plane.
If already a view can be moved and scaled, it will be possible to implement a function that allows its rotation, it would be very helpful and it would avoid generating another rotated assembly and then projecting its view to a more suitable plane.
you can see the difference between Detail A and B

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    34 KB · Views: 34