What's new

Design Tree Stability

Old Geeser

When I am editing items & sketches in the tree on the left side of the screen, the items keep moving around and even disappearing. Sketches even get separated from their extrusions. What is the secrete to keeping them in the order I created them unless I specificity want to move them? Thanks for the help once more.
I am using the design software version 25 on a windows 10 desktop.
Karl

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
If they move, they must have been dragged.

If your graphics adapter is struggling to keep up, then there can be a lag updating, so a drag might not be noticed immediately. Perhaps try turning off Ambient occlusion, and perhaps (sketch) DoF callouts to reduce demand on graphics to see if that helps at all.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Which size of icons are you using in the explorer? Maybe consider moving to the next size up...

Old Geeser

Thanks, David, for your immediate response. I found "Ambient occlusion" and unchecked it. But I am afraid that I don't know what "(sketch) DoF callouts" are. I will check and try sizing up the icons also.
My system is:
Windows 10 (64 bit)
I7 processor
NVDIA Quadro P1000 Graphics Card
16 Gig Ram
And the graphics are very responsive. I can spin the part to my heart's content with little drag. And all operations seem to happen immediately. So, I would not have looked at the system speed as the culprit. But I will be paying closer attention in the future.
Thanks again, DavidJ

domcm

I had the same (or similar) issue with v25 but I belive it has been fixed in v26.

Below is screenshot of the bugfix in V26.

design_explorer.png

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Degrees of Freedom callouts as shown in
These do further increase the demands on the graphics system - so IF graphics performance is marginal, it can be helpful to turn DoF callouts off.

Old Geeser

I've done a lot of dragging the dogbone, so that is certainly suspect. If the problem persists, then I have a reason to upgrade, but since there is so much talk of V27, I may have to mind my P&Q's and wait for a short time(?) I'm afraid I'm (really is the wife) a little on the thrifty side. Last night I was dueling over the CNC package. I may have to approach the finance committee (the Wife) and see if there are any surplus funds available. I've had Alibre for about a year now and have been just blown away with its power and ease of use. And the level of support I receive on the forum is truly amazing. At 80 years old, it is so much fun to still find things this exciting. Thanks to all.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Maintenance renewal gets you 12 months of updates - so if you bought in now you'd get v26 immediately, v27 when released (August has been indicated elsewhere on the forum), and probably v28 when that becomes available. Of course nothing to stop you delaying maintenance renewal.