What's new

DesignCheck bugs

mollify

DesignCheck bugs

Has anyone found designcheck to be buggy? Alibre has run fine for months of heavy use but I have been presented with " Designcheck has encountered a problem and will have to close" twice in as many sessions. For such an expensive product it sure does not compare well with Alibre for robustness.

Cameraman

I have tried DesignCheck a few times . . . I was completely underwhelmed by its feature set, but I didn't have any crashing problems (which I consider different than "bugs", per se).

DesignCheck appears to be just a stripped down version of Algor's standard FEA product, which I have used at previous jobs (and on various types of machines with various operating systems) without any stability problems whatsoever, so I am surprised that it would be crashing on you. I suppose that it's possible that the minimum machine requirements for DesignCheck may be higher than for AD. Have you contacted them (Algor) about it?

Regards,
Greg

mollify

I purchased the dos version of Algor FEA software 12 years ago (linear and non-linear solvers, gap, vibration, etc etc.) and found the package to be very robust and easy to use. My current computer more than meets the minimum specs for designcheck so that is not the problem. I have not contacted Algor because it is a waste of time for such a crippled product. Dispite its lack of auto-meshing my old dos software is less frustrating to use, and certainly a lot less expensive than the current rental for designcheck.

A

Anonymous

I have never had a problem with designcheck crashing in the year that I have used it. A problem that I have run into, is that the geometry created in Alibre sometimes isn't fully compatible with designcheck (especially thin sheetmetal parts). There was some talk of this awhile back on the yahoo groupsite. You might check it out.