What's new

Detail view - Line Weight issue

OrjanB

I am using AD v24 latest build 24043 - Win 11
In system option I have realtime lineweight activated.
Issue in drawings:
When making a detail view of a part in a view the dimension lines in the enlarged view are also enlarged/thickened.
Does not look good. The main lines are OK.
Cannot remember this issue earlier - some weeks ago detailview was OK.
Illustration enclosed - example made for showing the issue.

Another minor issue:
When activating detailview the detailview is indicated to be scale 2:1, but it is generated as 1:1 and I have to change the scale after placing it.
No big problem, but is it as it should be?

Drawing templates not changed.

The only related to the thick dim. line problem was an issue last year(?) were the main lines in detailviews were thickened, but this was fixed by Alibre.

I commented this in another thread last week and thus disturbing the theme for that thread - sorry.
I therefore now bring it up again in a new thread.

Would be nice if this issue could be fixed in v25 released i May.

Orjan

1650111321595.png

simonb65

Alibre Super User
If you change the scale the detail views, does the line width scale change too? That might be a useful bit of information for the dev at Alibre to focus on!

OrjanB

For both the source view and the detail view the line weight is like this:
1650112429025.png

And if I increase scale of detail view it looks lik this:
1650112678968.png

simonb65

Alibre Super User
You need to raise a support ticket and add this information. It looks like the dimension lines in a detail view is including the scale of the view, when it shouldn't !

Ralf

Alibre Super User
Looks like the Realtime Line Widths Options is still in Beta.

Uncheck this option (Realtime Line Width) should solve the problem at the moment.

Realtime-Line-Widths.jpg

OrjanB

Ralf:
Agree with you - Realtime Line Weight not finished despite that it is shown like this on my computer (no BETA):
1650198078190.png

Stefan:
Interesting that other see the same - means that it is annoying more users.
I suppose that the end-product of nearly all professional Alibre Design activity is a production drawing.
It surprise me therefore that not more effort is put into making a good drawing environment.
My impression when reading the forum for years is that drawings are often theme in the threads.

Could be interesting to know approx. number of Alibre users worldwide. Anyone knows?

Orjan

Last edited:

OrjanB

Max:
Just looked at improvements and fixes for V25 to be released in June.
I do not find that the detail-view linethickness issue discussed in this thread is mentioned.
Means that this annoying error will be present for another year?

Or will it be taken care of in this release?

Orjan