What's new

Dimension Font size inconsistent

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Some ????s
Sketch mode in a model or on a drawing?
What Font are you using?
Alibre Design or Atom 3d and which version?

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Initially I didn't see the issue since my system was using the default text setting, Arial, 9pt(.125", 3.175mm). If I increase the font size to something higher, like 12pt, then some numbers are smaller but it seems inconsistent. I just went thru several size changes from 10 to 12 pt and the numbers weren't affected. :confused:

One other thing I am seeing is the dimension line running into the dimension text, if I turn off Equations then the overlap is reduced:
DimText-DimLine.png

If I adjust the spacing in Spacing Control to, in this case, 6 mm then it looks okay but the spacing is not even on both sides:eek:_O
DimText-DimLineSpacingAdj.png

If I turn on Legacy mode it's not a problem.
I've turned in a ticket on this one already. Hopefully there is a fix.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Maybe there should have been more time testing and refining of Alibre before launching 2019. I just came across another dimension text issue.
In Part Sketch mode, with Equations turned on, the text is crowded so much that for diameter dimensions the equal sign ("=") is over the diameter sign.
DimTextCrowding.png

I also find that if I edit the diameter value it will not update. The change is from 8 mm to 15 mm but it won't take.:mad: Support tickets are being turned in.
SketchDimNoUpdate.png

Last edited:

simonb65

Alibre Super User
I also find that if I edit the diameter value it will not update. The change is from 8 mm to 15 mm but it won't take.:mad:
I've seen that and have commented in another topic. I think I raised a ticket for it too, but I've raised a few and can't remember if this was one of them or not!