What's new

Dimension Styles in the System

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
Hey, does anyone know how Alibre stores dimension styles for the system itself. I know that dim-styles for individual drawings are stored in the drawing file itself somewhere.
But I was wondering if the dim-styles for the system are stored somewhere, like thread information. It would be GREAT if we had a clear text file we could manipulate.

(and I'd like to win the lottery too while we're at it :) )

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
From what I've seen, unless there is a System Apply option the settings/styles only apply to the drawing file.

What I did was to set up dim styles in drawing templates. That way you can have different templates for different styles. Or, if you are free-lancing, you can set up a template for individual customers with dimension styles set to their particular drafting standards.

H
.v12

dmckee101

Alibre Super User
Thanks Harold. That sound like a reasonalbe approach. I've been torn between doing system styles and creating them every frickin' time I do a drawing because the styles change with the demands of different disciplines and products.

I thought that perhaps there might be a clear text file somewhere I didn't know about. That's one of the things I miss about Pro/E (did I really say I miss Pro/E???), the editable clear text files for things like styles. Even the build tree used to be stored in clear text and was rebuilt on startup; you could edit the file if you had a corruption problem.

Ah well, I'll try the styles on template approach and see how that goes. Thanks H.