What's new

Dimension text

dfaris

Anyone else having issues with the text of the dimensions not positions above and parallel to the dimension line?
I set the text to be above and parallel when I dimension something but the text is not above the dimension line, it
sits on the line instead of above the line.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

thanks

indesign

Alibre Super User
My text is above the line but I can not define the distance above (looks to be about 30-40% of the current font height). What font are you using?

dfaris

That is strange. I was using Verdana 10 point. My text sits on or a point or two below the dimension line.

indesign

Alibre Super User
I changed mine to match and it still is above the lines. Try a different (say default) template to see what happens. Try moving your views to a new template. Not sure what else will causes this. Could there be a windows setting? Anyone else wish to interject here?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Is it just a display issue, or does it carry through to prints ?

If display only, check for graphics driver updates.

dfaris

Well I printed a drawing file and the text did print in the wrong spot so I dont think it is a display issue.
Here is a picture of what it looks like. It also seems to be cutting off some of the text.

Attachments

• dimtext.jpg
    dimtext.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 3

nvanlaar

I am seeing the cutoff issue. Has there been a fix for this? Explanation? Ideas?

Attachments

• cut dimensions.PNG
    cut dimensions.PNG
    13.7 KB · Views: 615

pmbdk

I think I have the same problem. I have just downloaded the newest edition of Cubify Design trial edition (Windows 8, 64-bit), and just made a simple rectangle and put dimensions on the sides. As can be seen from the attached image, the dimensions are clipped so they are not readable.

Attachments

• fejl.png
    fejl.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 30

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
This may be related to text size scaling in newer versions of Windows (scaling makes the text bigger than the space which the program allows for it).

I appreciate that changing text scaling might make text rather small on a high dpi monitor.

dwc

Alibre Super User
pmbdk said:
I think I have the same problem.

That looks like the well known problem with Intel HD graphics.
I am not aware that there is a solution (maybe someone can correct me if there is).
Fortunately it is only on the screen, printouts are fine.
Don