What's new

Dimensional callouts are now justblack squares...

aptivaboy

So there I was, CADding away on a Trek model when somethign weird happened. The program slowed down to a crawl, and all of the dimensional callouts became little black squares. This occurs on all files, old or new. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I've run diagnostics/virus checks and everything looks alright. I've made no changes to the system and checked for updated video drivers. Any help?

Many thanks,

Bob

Attachments

• Screenshot (190).png
    Screenshot (190).png
    431 KB · Views: 14

aptivaboy

No, Win 8.1. Much as I dislike Win 8, Win 10 is more of an abomination to me so I've avoided "upgrading."

Bob

aptivaboy

Thanks for the idea. I can't find it in Win 8.1, however. I even did a search of the hard drive and nothing is coming up.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Have you turned on hidden file visibility? It is covered at the bottom of the article linked above.

aptivaboy

Okay, I got it all done. No change. Deleting the user.net file didn't change anything. Thanks for trying! I do appreciate the help.

Bob

bigseb

Alibre Super User
When something like this happens despite having made no changes to anything its usually down to some Windows update that isn't playing well with your hardware. Have you tried a system restore?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be tempted to try updating graphics driver (if newer available), or rolling back to an earlier version.