What's new

Dimensioning a Pitch circle diameter

steveastro

Dimensioning a Pitch circle diameter

I'm missing something obvious, but how do I dimension the PCD of a pattern of hole features ?
Thanks for any help.
Steve

steved

Dimensioning PCD's

Hi Steve

This particular subject is for me the biggest singe flaw in Alibre's drawing environment.

Firstly the hole centres are not rotated as the holes are patterned, this alone wastes countless our of my time on a regular basis having to constantly edit and rotate hole centres.

Secondly it is often necessary to place a spurious dimension on a centre line in order to get the node to highlight to enable the circle that you must draw to be constrained.

So in order to dimension your PCD

Select the view .

Activate sketch in view.

Place a dimension on one of your centre line to activate the nodes.

Draw a circle, but do not drag it to the aforementioned node as it will not be constrained.

Reselect the circle that you have just drawn and drag to the centre node of a hole to constrain it to the centre.

Place dimension.

End of rant

Cheers

Steve

steveastro

Re: Dimensioning PCD's

steved said:
So in order to dimension your PCD

Select the view .

Activate sketch in view.

Place a dimension on one of your centre line to activate the nodes.

Draw a circle, but do not drag it to the aforementioned node as it will not be constrained.

Reselect the circle that you have just drawn and drag to the centre node of a hole to constrain it to the centre.

Place dimension.

Strewth. I can't make that work yet ! What a stupid thing to make difficult -its a really primitive operation in my work.

Steve