What's new

dimensions changing between configurations

Jasper

Is there any reason why a dimension would change value across configurations?
I designed a simple sketch/feature, then created a second configuration based on that feature. Locked it. Went back to config1 and added more features.
I then went to config2, and created a new sketch with the intention of dimensioning it based off of a dimension from a sketch in config1. Opened the equation editor, and found the value of a dimension had changed. I.e., if I look at the equation editor in config1, I see one value for the dimension, but if I look in the equation editor while in config2, that same dimension has a different value, all with no changes from me. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
PJ

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Well you can set things so that a parameter can have different values between configurations, by having 'Parameter Values' lock set - if you want the values to be shared across configs, you'll need to unlock 'Parameter Values' for both configs.

When you 'added more features' did you edit the value in config 1? (making it different from the locked values in config 2).

Jasper

Please see attached. Within each config, open the equation editor and take a look at D6, D10, and D11. These values change depending on which config you're viewing. D6 is the diameter of a circle, for example; 1.027 in one, 1.03 in the other. None of these should change, nor did I edit anything after locking, etc. Even if features are suppressed, shouldn't their dimension remain unchanged and available?
I should mention that I'm still on AD2018, given all I've heard about glitches with AD2019.

Attachments

• SectorArms.AD_PRT
    404.5 KB · Views: 5

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You have the config locks for Parameter Values set, that means you can have different values in each config. If you unlock Parameter values, setting the value in one config will also set it for the others.

D6 is particularly interesting 21mm + 0.2" in one config, 1.030" in the other - I wouldn't like to speculate how they became so radically different without human intervention....

Jasper

I see what you mean I guess it was just operator error. I've worked with configs many times I guess I was just not paying attention to what i was doing, and made changes I don't recall. Sorry for the time waster.