What's new

dimensions obscuring cursor in drawings

mr.ska

dimensions obscuring cursor in drawings

I am finding that when I try to create dimensions on my drawings that more than half the time the dimension I'm in the process of making obscures my cursor, making it extremely difficult to select small edges for dimension placement. I'd suggest the following solutions:

1) Make dimensions 50% (or more) transparent until placed.
2) Do not create a dimension with one click - for line lengths, click line twice.
3) Get someone to do my drawings for me.

Personally I think #3 is a great idea, but might be hard to implement universally. Thus, either of the first two would be fine.

cclark440

Alibre Super User

I agree with Mr.ska. His first option sounds the best to me.

fitzbond, I don't have the problem when zoomed in, and using filters. The point though is to stream line the work process. Eliminate the need to zoom in then back out, and turn filters on. Granted it doesn't take much time to do those things, but as long as Alibre will listen to users, suggestions should be made.

fitzbond

I was just checking to see if Alibre was working for him while zoomed and using filters. I agree anything Alibre can do to stream line any of the processes the users will welcome with open arms.

mr.ska

To be honest I haven't been using filters. However, the problem is even more apparent when zoomed in, because the dimension becomes this great big, black numeral that obscures pretty much everything on a tight zoom.

What I've started doing in the meantime is if I have to pick a small edge (or vertex or other small feature) that could be obscured, I pick it first, making it easier to pick the larger feature that likely won't be totally obscured by the dimension second.

All in all, I'd rather had a translucent unplaced dimension (or someone detailing for me). :wink:

Cameraman

I will definitely second the "someone detailing for me" idea . . . and that is definitely one feature that I would pay extra for . . . but alas, I fear that it will not happen anytime soon . . . <heavy sigh> . . .

I find this to be a minor, but very noticable, annoyance. I can usually hover over the second pick until the right feature changes color, but sometimes I even have to stoop to using the Advanced Selector!

As a part-time user, anything that Alibre can do to improve operation (e.g., minimizing the need for filters and zooming) will be very much appreciated . . .

Regards,
Greg :D