What's new

Disappearing faces on GD-generated parts

GaretDH

The attached is a pencil model, the body and "paint" are generated with GD. When I regenerate the part, some of the fillets are disappearing. Why is this?

Attachments

• PencilTop.AD_PKG
    379.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Pencil.png
    Pencil.png
    175 KB · Views: 7

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
This disappearing is not only filets but faces also. This disappearing act has been around for a number of years/versions. The first attached screen shot shows a assembly that a part faces are missing (red arrows) not only the tabs but some part surface faces (under the arrows) are missing also. The second screen shot shows the same part by it self.

I bought this up before with out any clear reasons why it's happening. It been suggest that the display drivers are out of date or the display settings are not correct.

RocketNut

Attachments

• WetBrake MainBrakingDisk.jpg
    WetBrake MainBrakingDisk.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Missing Face.png
    Missing Face.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 4

GaretDH

Yeah, it's always someone else's problem, right? In my case it happens with the same part on three different machines, all with wildly different video drivers and chipsets. The same issue.

And why are the same faces still missing when I export to .bip for KeyShot?

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
GaretDH said:
Yeah, it's always someone else's problem, right? In my case it happens with the same part on three different machines, all with wildly different video drivers and chipsets. The same issue.

And why are the same faces still missing when I export to .bip for KeyShot?

That's why I have stop posting any problems of this nature because the answer has been "It's you machine". What I don't understand is when happens on a number of assemblies :?

As for KeyShot I have not noticed it, but my copy of KeyShot quit working a number of months ago.

RocketNut