What's new

Disappearing parts - again?

jemmej

Disappearing parts - again?

I haven't had this problem since my first assembly and I'm not sure how to fix it?

I have a piece of sheetemetal with some PEM nuts attached to it. The sheetmetal plus the PEM's are a sub-assembly. When I open this sub-assembly, everything is fine. When I open the main assembly that the sub-assembly is in, some of the PEM's disappear.

Any ideas?

Jim

marm37co

You can try this:

Open the subassembly
Change the color of the edges: Right clic on the assembly name in the design explorer and choose color propierties and change the color to the edges (This affect all the edges of the parts in the assembly)
Then select ALT + ENTER. This open the Design propierties
Change the minimal facets (smoothing curves) in the visualization options to a small value (6 to 18 faces)
Save the subassembly

This update the subassembly. Open now the assembly. The Alibre system update the subassembly and regenerate all this.

Ok. Other method is Ctrl + Shift + F5 to regenerate all the parts showed in the assembly.

jemmej

Yep. I manually edited insignificatn parameters to get a state change and a regen. Nada.

Then I tried Ctrl+Shift+F5. Still no change.

The parts were part of a pattern. So I deleted the pattern and placed all the parts without the pattern. That "fixed" it in a sense. But the original problem was never solved as is. C'est la vie I suppose.

Jim

Gaspar

Alibre Super User

Just to know,

Did you try to edit the pattern? Maybe this would have forced Alibre to regenerate that pattern or maybe a value was changed and your parts were there but overlapping? Just a couple thoughts on an unsolved mystery.

jemmej

Yep. I tried changing the geometry used to pick the direction of the pattern, the number of the pattern and the spacing. No change.

One thing I didn't try was redoing the pattern after I deleted it.

Jim

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

I wonder if this anomaly is related?

The other day I was creating a rectangular part with a rectangular bolt hole pattern and inserted it into an assembly. The hole placement along one axis was slightly off so the pattern was edited to correct the dimensional error and the part was re-saved. Upon re-opening and updating the assembly there were two overlapping holes in the pattern in the assembly part, apparently one each at the erroneous and correct locations even though the holes were correct when just tyhe part was opened.

Closing and re-opening the assembly had no effect, but all was well when Alibre was shut down, re-started, and the assembly opened.

Mike

jemmej

Oh yeah. Tried that too. Didn't work. (As an aside, it usually does work as I think its just a bookkeeping error that causes such anomolies usually). I figured this case was similar and was surprised when it did not fix it. That's when I posted.

Jim