What's new

Display problem 8.2

Display problem 8.2

Before I change my display drivers again could someone try the following and see if you get the same problem.

Right click the task bar at the bottom of the screen an tick "Auto hide".

When I try Alibe full screen on my computers with NVidia cards I get a grey screen and update views take about 10 seconds!.

Restoring Alibre to a small screen and the display work ok.

Regards Mark.
Hughes Tooling.

Sorry, should of said if you right click the windows task bar at the bottom of the screen you should get a menu.
Select properties should bring up a dialog (Taskbar and Start Menu Properties).
Tick Auto hide, then OK.

Regards Mark.

desman

Mark my computer does the same thing. I have a Dell with onboard graphics card. I have updated all of my drivers. Support emailed and said basically nothing else they can do. So If I would like to run Alibre full screen, I have to spend more money.

Alan

desman

Mark,
You are right it is with auto hide on. That makes me wonder if there is more Alibre can do. My Graphics are Intel.

Alan

Auspex

I have been experiencing the same problem since the upgrade with a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, but only in drawing mode. Maximize the screen and it flips out and crashes the whole pc. I have been trying to get tech support to return my calls since Thursday on the matter..... I owe you a big thank you though....didn't realize I could fix it by changing auto hide on the toolbar. Still very annoying though....especially the lack of response from tech support.

cclark440

Alibre Super User

Well I guess I should retract my previous post. All of a suddden this problem has started happening to me.

Mibe

Alibre Super User

This has worked for SOME users:
Switch to Wireframe and back to Shaded mode. After that Alibre works normally until closed and restarted for a new session :)

jreynolds

I also am having problems but mine are not like any that I have read about in any of the posts. I am running an ATI FireGL V3100 video card and my problem is that if I turn off the team design toolbar the display goes to pot. I mean I am unable to do anything. Turn the toolbar back on and everything is fine. This system is a new IBM Intellistation M Pro.
I reported this to Scott and he forwarded it to development. I hope something can be done to correct this as I like as much modeling and drawing space as possible and I do not use the team design toolbar.

cclark440

Alibre Super User

I noticed something about the tool bars affecting the display also. I was trying to re-arrange the toolbars to maximize my workspace. As soon as I moved the team design tool bar to the top row the workspace started flickering back and forth between a grey screen and my model. I moved the team design bar back down to create a second row and everything went back to normal.

crawford

More Display Issues

Yeah....so basically we can't run Alibre in anything but 1040X768...i've updated my Nvidea drivers...and still no go...basically the same issues others have had....long refresh rates....jumbled screen....all that jazz. So I'm running dual monitors...like...one for design...one for manufacturing...I enjoy the larger amount of "real estate" for the higher resolution screen...but simply can't be done with alibre?? I've been waiting for tech support to call me...for about a week now....any tips tricks...hints...magic spells??

~cc

MikeHenry

Alibre Super User

I'm not running dual monitors but am running Alibre at 1600x1200 resolution on a Dell PC with an after-market NVidia 6800 GT card and it's been running fine ever since I installed the newer NVidia driver.

Mike

sdalessi

Many Display Issues

Alibre has some serious display issues, I am running two systems one with a older ATI card, and the screen goes dead when you try to enlarge the window. The second system is running a GForce 8500. and the tool bars continue to refresh. I have been working on this problem with them for many weeks now. Suggest that if anyone is considering purchasing this program they wait until it get's out of beta.