What's new

Display problem 8.2

swertel

Alibre Super User

The older ATI card, does it support DirectX9.0c? I know of many newer cards that don't support 9.0c, even with updated drivers, nVidia GeForce being some of them. I had a GeForce4 MX440 and had problems starting once I upgraded to DirectX (with other apps in addition to Alibre).

I replaced the card with a GeForceFX 5700LE and don't have those problems any more - same driver version.

I can't explain your 8500 toolbar refresh. The card is definitely new enough to have hardware support. The latest drivers, as you probably have heard, need to be installed to fix other display issues (a 77.XX version I believe).

Mibe

Alibre Super User
Re:

sdalessi said:
All of the fixes to date including drivers, dll's, and other changes in settings have not fixed the problems.

Have you considered it could be a hardware problem, perhaps a faulty card? What kind of card is it?

sdalessi

All other software is running fine with no display issues. I can understand the ATI card, the Nvida card should be easily working, it is new and has plenty of horsepower. Still think Alibre 8.2 has not implemented the new graphics controls correctly.

Ralf

Alibre Super User

Hello sdalessi,
I had the same problem.
I have a tip:
Absolute conditions are!
Win XP SP2 or Win 2000 SP4 ( update easily)
DirectX 9.0c ( update easily)
Microsoft Java Virtual Machine ( update easily)
-> close all programs-> Restart!

-> use the "Drivercleaner pro" absolutely!!!
install:
http://www.drivercleaner.net/ (Freeware)

->install new display driver->
http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/nvidia ... 5/8040.php

-> close all programs-> Restart->
-> Antialiasing setting -> Application controlled!
-> Antisotropic filtering -> Application controlled!

-> start Alibre -> open a part -> make 2D -> (Alibre do not close!) -> then switch from 32 bit to 16 bit -> safe! and again to 32 bit ->safe!
-> close all programs-> Restart->

I hope this help you

Ralf
sorry for my bad English

sdalessi

Thanks Ralf3 for the input. Have tried several version of your suggestion with no luck. I am currently evaluating a new graphics card. However, I am not to sure why since the card I have a Nvida 6800 is new supports 9x, has more than enough ram, is fast, etc.

mrgadget

Hi Sdalessi,

I use a 6800 also and I have minimal display problems. The only way I can force the display problems I am reading about is to drag all of my toolbars to the same bar while in the drawing mode. I am using an older driver, (6.6.3.1). This card is an 8x agp Ultra with 256m memory.

sdalessi

I am not sure I understand your tool bar layout. In drawing mode I stack all the tool bars to the right side of the screen, typically 3 - 4. Is this how you forced the problem. Alibre folk's any comments tool bar layout vs dispaly problems ?

cclark440

Alibre Super User

I had the tool bar problem.

It occurred when I moved all of the toolbars into a single row along the top of the work space. After I reported the problem, Alibre was able to quickly find the problem and sent me a new .dll that fixed it.

I thought there was a link to the new .dll somewhere but I can’t seem to find it right now.