What's new

Display problem with ATI Rage 128 Pro

marm37co

Display problem with ATI Rage 128 Pro

Hi.

I have a problem with a PC with the ATI Rage 128 Pro Video card. When I open the part workspace, with 1024 resolution, the working area only is active in a sector, up to the left. I can put redlines down to the right, but the sketches and the solid models in this part of the screen do not appear. I update the driver from ATI.com but this do not fix the problem. I work with the Alibre Screen minimized to be working in the visible area, but is complicated localize the toolbars and see all small.

Can you suggest any change to fix this problem?

marm37co

I test the problem. I divide the working area window in two, and active a window. More area appear to work.

I think that the problem is for Alibre. The redlines appear without problem in all the work area but the model no, and my work area is reduced.

Alibre test the NVIDIA cards. Test the ATI cards is good, No?

I see in AD8.2 a good performance respect to AD8.1, but the problems with graphic drivers and cards reduce the user´s base.

Why the option Software emulation disappear? This option can be very positive in this case, I think, when the graphic manufacturer do nor offer updates or the updates do not working good with Alibre. I know few on this, a opinion of a expert in this topic would help me.

marm37co

I fix the problem but..... When a section appear hide in the screen I active some command that regen all the work area and ok, all the screen can be used now.

To regen the screen in the part or assembly can use these commands:
1) Change the shade or edge color of the parts or the assembly.
2) Export a file image: File > Export > Image File

In Drawing I think change the template can regen the work area.

If Alibre regen the screen or the work area when end the load of the model or when I create a new workspace, this problem do not appear.

Too, A regen screen can be a good command option in this case.