What's new

Does Alibre have plans to offer Hypershot HD?

Deckerd

I recently received an email that indicated I could purchase a Hypershot (web) license for $50.
I would rather purchase Hypershot HD instead. Does anyone know if Alibre plans to offer this product.
Thanks
Deckerd

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Please contact your sales rep - we currently offer it though it isn't too visible at the immediate moment.

Max

Uman

My email message offered Hypershot WEB for $150. Are you sure about the $50?
Jeff in Florida

Deckerd

I currently use Alibre Expert. Here is the text of the email.
Don't need to Upgrade?
Buy HyperShot Web (a $195 Value) for only $50

Thanks for the response Max. I'll contact sales for Hypershot HD pricing.

Deckerd

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You lucky people - outside the US we don't get these e-mails, current Expert users have no help to move from Photorender to Hypershot. At a $50 equivalent I'd be happy that Alibre were trying to be fair, as it is I feel annoyed that Photorender has not been kept up to date, despite maintenance charges (Lightworks have been offering HDRI capability for some time, which would give a lot of the ease of use we see with Hypershot).

jhiker

Alibre Super User
I had an email from my reseller in the UK (Mintronics) the other day. This was the gist of it...

Upgrade NOW and get Alibre Design & HyperShot for 50% OFF
Offer Ends May 31st
HyperShot Web a £147.00 value *50% OFF w/ Upgrade
Upgrade Offers
Upgrade Standard to Professional + HyperShot Web: Now £367.00
Upgrade Standard to Expert + HyperShot Web: Now £572.00
Upgrade Professional to Expert + HyperShot Web: Now £367.00
Offer Valid Through May 31st

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff,

I got that too, and I've also spoken to Mintronics to check. The offer we got applies if you wish to upgrade (and are not already at Expert). The offer which Expert users in the US seem to have got hasn't been made available here.

Like a couple of other Expert users I find the whole HyperShot thing confusing at the very least! I too am disappointed in the quality of render with the Alibre render package and like the performance of HyperShot - I just can't understand the 'deal' here?

DRB UK Expert user

I have now acquired a copy of Hypershot Web from my reseller Mintronics and I am very pleased with it. I paid 50 GBP +VAT. When I had an issue with licensing a representative called me from California to sort it out! How about that for Customer Service?!

July 2009