What's new

Doesn't qualify as "alpha" software

RCH_Projects

Alibre Super User
Trying to get a basic simulation in Dynamics was proving to be a huge fail. Friction was dropping out arbitrarily and without notice. I couldn't even get a meter to work with friction (constraint or contact).

I dropped back to a benchmark trial to ferret out any causes through trial and error. I didn't get that far. Damned if I couldn't get through even a minor benchmark without a major fail in Dynamics/Simwise 3D?.

Using two similar assemblies side by side and configured nearly the same, one functions (so far) while the other fails magnificently.

The difference; one "axle", with a motor constraint, has an YZ orientation and the other ZX. Maybe it goes deeper than that but it evades me. How many days, weeks, months or more should I pursue major flaws in overblown (pre-beta?) software?

Start Image:

Start image.jpg

This is 1.25 seconds into the simulation. Before any friction parameters added and after many variations of simulation settings:

Stop image 1.25 seconds.jpg

I've endured hundreds of Dynamics "fly-apart" simulations without explanation, but this was a slow meltdown fail. Pulling what little reliable results I could.

I have boiled down to the most simplified and elegant design of a 15 year project and I'm stuck dicking with slopware bugs? Dynamics is peppered with flaws like this.

I'll post the Alibre CAD package and .WM# simulation file. If anyone can confirm this issue in Dynamics or more significantly; determine that it does not occur in the Simwise 3D rebrand of Dynamics, maybe I can get ahead a little (for Christmas stocking stuffers).

Thank You for all.

1.3 forum.zip

Attachments

• 1.3 forum.zip
    301.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: